Cooperative Extension at the University of Maine and the University of New Hampshire have partnered up on a 3-year grant to assist Fruit and Vegetable farmers in Maine and New Hampshire with farm food safety planning.
The project will fund an Extension Educator, trained in Produce Safety, to work with you one-on-one on your individualized farm food safety plan.
Fill out the form below to apply to participate in the project.
Participation is on a first-come-first-served basis, as well as farm size (small to medium-sized farms, not fully covered by FSMA, will be given preference).
This program can assist with:
- starting or continuing work on your farm food safety plan
- suggestions on designing a safer and more efficient wash/pack area
- writing, reviewing, or improving SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- staff training in health and hygiene
- drawing a farm map or irrigation map
- other farm food safety concerns you may have
Whatever you need to improve food safety on your farm.
If you choose, they will visit your farm to help you to assess the food safety risks and how to decrease or eliminate them if possible.