Loan Application Due July 3, 2024

USDA Designates Five New Hampshire Counties as Primary Natural Disaster Areas for Excessive Moisture

This Secretarial natural disaster designation allows the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Farm Service Agency (FSA) to extend much-needed emergency credit to producers recovering from natural disasters through emergency loans. Emergency loans can be used to meet various recovery needs including the replacement of essential items such as equipment or livestock, reorganization of a farming operation, or to refinance certain debts. FSA will review the loans based on the extent of losses, security available, and repayment ability.

 FSA also offers the Disaster Set-Aside (DSA) program for producers who currently have an FSA direct loan, have been impacted by the eligible natural disaster event and are concerned about making scheduled loan payments. For information on setting aside your next FSA loan payment through the DSA program, contact the Merrimack-Belknap-Hillsborough County USDA Service Center at 603-223-6003 or visit

 Apply for an emergency loan

Triggering Disaster 1: Excessive Moisture

 Impacted Area: New Hampshire

 Application Deadline: July 03,2024

 Primary Counties Eligible (New Hampshire): Belknap, Hillsborough, Merrimack

Contiguous Counties Also Eligible:

Massachusetts: Essex, Middlesex, Worcester

New Hampshire: Carroll, Cheshire, Grafton, Rockingham, Strafford, Sullivan

Triggering Disaster 2: Excessive Moisture and Flooding

Impacted Area: New Hampshire

Application Deadline: July 03,2024

Primary Counties Eligible (New Hampshire): Cheshire, Sullivan

Contiguous Counties Also Eligible:

Massachusetts: Franklin, Worcester

New Hampshire: Grafton, Hillsborough, Merrimack

Vermont: Windham, Windsor

More Resources

On, the Disaster Assistance Discovery ToolDisaster Assistance-at-a-Glance fact sheet, and Loan Assistance Tool can help you determine program or loan options. To file a Notice of Loss or to ask questions about available programs, contact your local  USDA Service Center.